the word "backup" circled in red

Protect Your Work with Backup Recovery

Your data is important. Very important. It’s the heart of your enterprise and it takes time to really collect and maintain. You probably have information stored on how you run your business, your customers, understanding why they come to you, what you’re doing right, what you’re doing wrong, etc…

Your data is so important, in fact, that 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months. Your business can’t run without it!

That’s why you need to implement a backup recovery plan. Don’t take the risk – disasters are more common than you think. 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States every week. If you care about your business’s success, you need to make sure that backups are constantly performed. These days, disaster recovery planning with an all-encompassing recovery option such as DMS Technology is no longer a luxury – it’s a necessity.

What could hit me?

Of course, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes are bad news, but they’re not the only disasters that can flip your business upsidedown. There are also hard drive failures, fire, hardware theft, or just basic human error, like a clumsy employee that spills coffee on your computer monitor. And, of course, there are data breaches – can’t forget those hackers.

According to CloudBackup’s Facts about Data Loss and backup recovery, 20% of small to medium businesses will suffer a major disaster, causing loss of critical data, every 5 years. In addition, about 70% of businesses have experienced (or will experience) data loss due to accidental deletion, disk or system failure, viruses, fire or other disaster.

Some of these disasters are total accidents, but they have huge, costly, detrimental effects.

What can I do to protect my work?

In order to have business continuity, businesses need to have a backup plan in place. With a proper backup recovery plan, your chances of overcoming the disaster and returning to work stronger than ever greatly increase. In the situation of a disaster, 95% of businesses with a solid plan in place are up and running within 48 hours. Most of the remaining 5% are back to work within the week. This is very important because the Strategic Research Institute found that companies that weren’t able to resume operations within ten days were not likely to survive.

However, soon, “solid” won’t be enough. You need a great plan, one that will protect you without fail. You don’t want to ever risk only getting 60% percent of your data back, or discovering that you have some data backup failures. It’s crucial that your backup recovery provider knows what they are doing and constantly tests their systems. At DMS Technology, we do just that.

We will implement a BDR plan and test it frequently to make sure it works when you need it to. This is so, so, so important. 34% of companies fail to test their backup recovery plan, and of those that do, 77% have caught failures. This way, you can perfect your plan before the disaster hits. If you’re discovering mistakes in the midst of your data crisis, that can only mean bad news…

What are you waiting for… get started!

When you contact DMS, we will immediately begin restoring your data. With us, you never have to worry about losing your valuable information. We will discuss the best plan for you, running through options such as migrating your systems to the Cloud, ensuring your network security, implementing off-site backups, and even maintaining your mobile devices. Don’t leave your company at risk… get started and call us today!